Coach - Cross Country - South ParkRB12-157
|Title:||Coach - Cross Country - South ParkRB12-157|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #12-157 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR
MAY 24, 2013 Cross Country Coach - South Park HS
POSITION: The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in
receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
COACH CROSS COUNTRY - SOUTH PARK HS
APPLICATION: Candidates must complete an application by clicking on the “APPLY”
button below. Once the form is complete, click the “SUBMIT” button.
CERTIFICATIONS: In accordance with the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Section
135.4:Certified Physical Education Teachers. A person who holds a valid certificate to teach physical
education in NYS may coach any sport in any school, but must meet the first aid/CPR and AED
requirement prior to starting to coach.
Other Certified Teachers: In addition to the first aid/CPR and AED requirement
prior to starting to coach, the certified teacher must (a)complete an approved course in Philosophy,
Principles and Organization of Athletic in Education within two years from the date of initial
appointment as a coach (b) complete a course on Health Sciences Applied to Coaching within
five years of appointment as a coach; and (c) within that same five years, complete a course on
Theory and Techniques of Coaching the sport or sports for which he/she is appointed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess experience and knowledge of the sport(s) assigned.
Candidates must be employed by the Board of Education in accordance with Article XII-G of the Master
Contract between the Buffalo Board of Education and the Buffalo Teacher’s Federation.
DUTIES: All interscholastic athletic team coaches are directly responsible to the Athletic
Director. In fulfilling their duties and responsibilities, all coaches are expected to:
- Assume complete responsibility for the conduct of their team.
- Assume responsibility for the philosophy and teachings of the entire athletic program.
- Be available for contests and practices at the start of the athletic season, Monday through
- Saturday and some holidays.
- Supervise the use, issuance, return, cleaning, inventory, and storage of equipment,
- uniforms, and supplies.
- Submit equipment and supply requests to the Athletic Director.
- Establish positive relationships with coaches, athletes, parents, and community members.
- Attend meetings called by the Athletic Director or Building Principal. Attend league, section, and
- coaches’ association meetings when required.
- Conduct an organization meeting with the athletes to explain try-outs, methods of selection,
- cutting procedures, code of behavior, and so on.
- Prepare and submit a schedule of scrimmages and non-league contest to the Athletic Director.
- Administer first aid as required and report all serious injuries.
- Submit team roster to the Athletic Director and update as necessary
- Report scores to news media when required.
- Notify the Athletic Director of any cancelled games, scrimmages or practices and any unusual
- events or incidents.
- Schedule and conduct practices on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Supervise team members after practices/games until all have left the locker room, picked up
- by parents, or left the building and/or grounds.
- Complete end of season reports.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner during all practices and games.
- Comply with all policies and procedures outlines in the NYS Commissioners regulations,
- NYSPHSAA Section VI and BPS Interscholastic Athletic Handbook.
- Keep abreast if the latest development, changes and modifications in their sport.
- Make decisions regarding his/her particular team, in keeping with established policies and
- procedures. However, when decisions are of a broader scope and affect other coaches and
other teams or when the problem clearly falls within the jurisdiction of the Athletic Director,
action should be reserved for the Director to review and discuss the matter more fully.
As per the current BTF contract.
FOR FILING: JUNE 10, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications