Director(s) for Off.of Schl Innov.&Turn. RB#12-108
|Title:||Director(s) for Off.of Schl Innov.&Turn. RB#12-108|
|Department:||Office of School Performance|
DescriptionRECRUITMENT BULLETIN #12-108 DIRECTOR(S) FOR OFFICE OF SCHOOL
MARCH 11, 2013 INNOVATION AND TURNAROUND
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from
qualified candidates for the position of:
Director(S) for Office of School Innovation and Turnaround
Candidates must complete an application by clicking on the “APPLY”
button below. Once the
form is complete, click the “SUBMIT”
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree and a school district administrator (SDA)
certificate. Candidates must have three years of approved administrative experience. Experience
in working with: external providers, multiple schools and systems, deadlines, and autonomously will
be considered in evaluating each candidate’s qualifications. Excellent presentation, verbal and
written communication skills are also required for this position. Candidates must be able to attend
monthly meetings in Albany with the State Education Department.
Under the direction of the Associate Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, the Director
will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Participate in the planning, management, oversight, and monitoring of the district’s Priority Schools as related to School Improvement Grants
- Demonstrate a commitment to success in the turnaround of Priority/PLA Schools and the capacity to assist schools to implement the identified Turnaround model.
- Coordinate and participate in the implementation State and District Integrated Intervention Team reviews
- Work with the Board of Education (BOE) of Buffalo Public Schools, the Educational Partnership Organization (EPO), the leadership of the restart schools, and other priority/PLA partners to efficiently navigate the district’s policies and procedures and access resources to gain flexibility in implementing the contents of the partners contract and the performance expectations framework.
- Seek ways to build positive relationships, provide technical assistance and support to the EPO, PLA/priority partners, and the schools, and communicate to the BOE and district leadership on progress of the schools.
- Develop and maintain an expertise in working with the requirements of School Improvement Grants and have a thorough understanding of the performance expectations framework and the terms of the partnerships and EPO contracts.
- Assist schools with district, state, and federal grant writing, reporting requirements and report progress to the district leadership and BOE.
- Attend scheduled BOE meetings when necessary.
- Serve on the District Integrated Intervention Team for monitoring schools, make onsite visits to schools, and assist the schools with meeting benchmarks.
- Advise the BOE on practical and efficient timelines and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to Priority Schools and EPO/partners and the leadership of the schools.
- Prepare written status reports for the BOE and NYSED.
- Troubleshoot issues on behalf of the Priority Schools and EPO/partners.
- Perform related duties as required.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal
interviews shall be conducted where appropriate.
SALARY: Administrator’s salary schedule.
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: MARCH 25, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications