Program Coordinator - Various Schools RB #13-47
|Title:||Program Coordinator - Various Schools RB #13-47|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-47 PROGRAM COORDINATOR
August 13, 2013 Various Schools
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications
from qualified candidates for the position of:
Candidates must complete an online application at www.buffaloschools.org.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree and NYS certification. Candidates must have completed
three years of approved and appropriate teaching and/or coaching experience. The candidate
must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and demonstrate
leadership and interpersonal communication skills with adults.
Proficiency in the use of technology and knowledge of the New York State core curriculum will also
be considered in evaluating each candidate’s qualifications. Candidates must have knowledge of
best instructional practices and quality assessment practices.
Under the direction of the Building principal, the responsibilities of the Program Coordinator will
include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates literacy interventions in the school building.
- Assists with the implementation of SIG initiatives where appropriate.
- Works with colleagues to ensure alignment with the CCLS.
- Develops a proactive model of school/community relationship with school partners.
- Supports the implementation of explicit instruction (including Direct Instruction programs).
- Works collaboratively with principals and staff in developing and implementing intervention systems and professional development.
- Communicate with parents and community.
- Use data to assist teachers in planning – assisting in grade level and departmental meetings.
- Match instructional support materials to the needs of students.
- Monitor display of student work in school and community.
- Be able to articulate and demonstrate familiarity of District goals and initiatives.
- Assists in setting up systems for communication and cooperation of the entire professional staff in implementing district programs.
- Maintains inventory of program materials and orders approved materials for school use.
- Performs such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned or arise due to the nature of the position.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the
Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of
service. Personal interviews, shall be scheduled.
SALARY: Teacher’s salary schedule
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: August 27, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF BUFFALO SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications