Head Electronic Technician RB#13-34
|Title:||Head Electronic Technician RB#13-34|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-34
DATE: MAY 22, 2013
POSITION: HEAD ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN - PROVISIONAL
SALARY: $44,375 - $51,643
LOCATION: SERVICE CENTER, 44/55 BAILEY AVENUE BUFFALO NY 14220
- Supervises and participates in performing diagnostic, repair and maintenance work to PC’s, micro and mini computers, along with servers, desktops, laptops, and all peripherals including but not limited to basic systems, disc drives, controllers, monitors, printers, CD/DVD-ROM drives, DVR, DVNR, NVR, PDA’s, interactive whiteboards (i.e. Activboard), smart boards, projectors, routers, switches, and security camera devices.
- Supervises and participates in repairs electrical equipment with solid-state components including service to electronic typewriters, word processors, VCR’s, closed circuit TV components, and numerically controlled vocational machines i.e., drill presses, milling machines, CNC systems, etc.;
- Schedules work assignments for Electronics Technician, Audio Visual Equipment Technician, Telecommunications Technician on priority basis, and monitors completion of assignments;
- Investigates and troubleshoots electronic machines and equipment malfunctions at both users locations and in-service shop;
- Uses all types of test equipment, schematics, diagrams, including meters and oscilloscopes and manufactures diagnostic tools;
- Requisitions for parts and equipment;
- Monthly or quarterly budget projections of supplies needed based on repair trending analysis.
- Maintains records of same and assures security and accountability for all property;
- Maintains records of all activities and submits daily and periodic reports;
- Trains personnel and monitors their progress;
- Supervises and maintains an in-house shop for the repair and maintenance of equipment;
- Schedules and monitors regular and periodic cleaning and maintaining of equipment including electronic whiteboard in conjunction with users’ needs and established procedures;
- Establishes and maintains maintenance schedules and provide monthly reports to management on the summary analysis of the number of tickets that were opened, closed, average time per ticket, etc.
- Check and verify installation of electronic equipment by contractors, including but not limited to switches and servers.
- Connect electronic equipment used in multimedia presentation such as microphones, digital projector, speaker, etc. as needed.
- May be required to perform related clerical tasks as assigned.
- Performs related duties as required.
Continuous and permanent status as an ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN for one year.
(A) Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer or Electronic Technology or a closely related and three years of full time experience in the maintenance and repair of computer/electronic equipment or systems;
(B) Graduation from High School, GED or Equivalency Diploma and five years of full time experience in the maintenance and repair of computer/electronic equipment or systems;
(C) An equivalent combination as defined within the limits of A and B.
Note: Verifiable part-time experience will be pro-rated to meet full-time experience requirements.
Proof of education must be presented at time of appointment.
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION BY CLICKING THE "APPLY" BUTTON BELOW.
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the review of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the City of Buffalo Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate. The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: JUNE 6, 2013
Darren J. Brown
Executive Director of Human Resources
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications