ESL Coach - Lafayette HS RB #13-58c
|Title:||ESL Coach - Lafayette HS RB #13-58c|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-58c ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE(ESL) COACH
DECEMBER 13, 2013 LAFAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL
The Superintendent of Schools, Pamela C. Brown, Ed.D., is interested in receiving applications
from qualified candidates for the position of:
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE COACH ~ LAFAYETTE H.S.~
Candidates must complete an application by clicking on the “APPLY” button below. Once the
form is complete, click the “SUBMIT” button.
CANDIDATES WHO APPLIED TO THE ORIGINAL BULLETIN NEED NOT RE-APPLY.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree and New York State certification in English as a Second
Language and have completed three years of approved and appropriate teaching and/or coaching
experience. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills,
organizational skills, and demonstrate leadership and interpersonal communication skills with adults.
In evaluating each candidate’s qualifications, consideration will be given to the candidate’s coursework
and experiences in the areas of scientifically based research, assessment, and professional development
in the area of English as a Second Language and literacy development for English language learners.
Proficiency in the use of technology and knowledge of the New York State core curricula in English as
a Second Language (ESL) and English Language Arts (ELA) will also be considered in evaluating each
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Candidates must complete district-selected professional development related to the effective instruction of English language learners (ELLs).
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the use of English language development strategies for listening, speaking, reading, writing in all content areas in order to improve academic attainment for ELLs.
- Guiding and assisting in the full and ongoing implementation of district programs and professional learning opportunities with support of district administration and the building principal.
- Collaborating with teachers and building principals regarding the implementation of research based instructional strategies that are direct, explicit, systematic, and designed to meet the unique needs of English language learners.
- Intensively monitoring strategies and materials to ensure they are appropriate and comprehensible for English language learners.
- Reviewing and analyzing student diagnostic screening progress data and outcome assessment data, to assist in determining appropriate interventions, acceleration, and necessary program modifications.
- Providing Professional Learning Opportunities (PLO) for teachers at grade level meetings and supporting teachers in the development and implementation of action plans based on data.
- Modeling ESL strategies.
- Attending district PLO for teachers and coaches.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews,
a modeled lesson and a writing sample shall be scheduled. This appointment will be processed as
“temporarily assigned” to the position. All temporary assignments end not later than June 30 and must
be processed each year.
SALARY: Teacher’s salary schedule.
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: JANUARY 7, 2014
PAMELA C. BROWN, Ed.D.,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications