Supervisor of School Turnaround RB 13-37
|Title:||Supervisor of School Turnaround RB 13-37|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-37 Supervisor of School Turnaround
NOTICE OF POSITION
AUGUST 5, 2013
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified
candidates for the position of:
Supervisor of School Turnaround
Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the “Apply”
button below. Once the form is completed,
Click the “Submit”
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree and a school district administrator (SDA), New York
State School Supervisor (SAS), School District Leader (SDL), or School Building Leader (SBL) certificate by the
time of appointment. Experience in working with: external providers, multiple schools and systems, deadlines,
and autonomously will be considered in evaluating each candidate’s qualifications. Excellent presentation,
verbal and written communication skills are also required for this position. Candidates must be able to attend
quarterly meetings in Albany with the State Education Department.
Under the joint direction of the Chief of Strategic Alignment and Innovation and Chief of School Leadership
the Supervisor will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Participate in the planning, writing, management, oversight, and monitoring of SIG as related to State and Federal monitoring and compliance requirements.
- Oversee and monitor implementation and effectiveness of all aspects of the SIG plan.
- Serve as the SIG grant administrator and will also be primarily responsible for coordinating all reporting requirements for the grant.
- Serve as the front-line, go to person for these schools for all district obstacles to success.
- Assist school based SAMs, who serves as individual school-based grant managers, with district, state, and federal grant writing, reporting requirements and report progress to the district leadership and BOE.
- Oversee and monitor the progress of SIG funded activities on a frequent basis for implementation and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain an expertise in working with the requirements of School Improvement Grants and have a thorough understanding of the performance expectations framework.
- Link schools to the appropriate resources including professional development, outside partnerships, and other similar schools.
- Work closely with the Supervising Principals in the Office of School Leadership to ensure school SIG plans are coordinated with other efforts to improve student achievement.
- Work with other departments such as Teaching and Learning to ensure targeted PD opportunities are developed to meet the needs of these schools.
- Coordinate with the Department of Grants, Department of Finance, and schools in district, state, and federal reporting requirements and report progress to the district and board.
- Work with the schools to ensure appropriate levels of parent and community engagement.
- Work closely with the Director of School Reviews to ensure that school-based implementations adhere to the scope of work and parameters set forth in the grant.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with District Finance and Budgeting to support financial and contractual questions that relate to the grant.
- Attend NYSED Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness trainings and participate in State Integrated Intervention Team reviews and District-led School Review Teams for monitoring schools.
- Coordinate and align the DTSDE Toolkit with the writing of School Improvement Grants, and School Comprehensive Education Plans (SCEP) addendums.
- Demonstrate a commitment to success in the turnaround of Priority Schools and the capacity to assist schools to implement the identified Turnaround model.
- Work with priority school partners to efficiently navigate the district’s policies and procedures and access resources to gain flexibility in implementing the contents of the partners contract and the performance expectations framework.
- Seek ways to build positive relationships, provide technical assistance and support to the priority school partners, the schools, and communicate to the BOE and district leadership on progress of the schools.
- Attend scheduled BOE meetings when necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to Priority Schools and Priority School partners and the leadership of the schools.
- Troubleshoot issues on behalf of the Priority Schools and partners.
- Perform related duties as required.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
shall be conducted where appropriate.
Administrator’s salary schedule.
FOR FILING: AUGUST 23, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications