Director of Extended Learning RB 13-97
|Title:||Director of Extended Learning RB 13-97|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-97 DIRECTOR OF EXTENDED LEARNING
FEBRUARY 7, 2014
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Pamela C. Brown, Ed.D., is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF EXTENDED LEARNING
Candidates interested in applying must complete an online application on the district web site at: www.buffaloschools.org
Candidates must have a Master’s degree, and a New York State School District Administrator (SDA), or School District Leader (SDL) certificate by the time of appointment.
Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years combined certificated teaching and supervisory experience, with a minimum of one (1) year at the Supervisory level. Candidates with prior experience in an urban school district with a large racially and ethnically diverse population are preferred.
Directs all general education summer and extended day programming, including:
- The incumbent is responsible for the development and implementation of the District’s Extended Learning program for students in elementary, middle and high school.
- She/he is responsible for overseeing the delivery of high quality, curriculum-based, after-school educational activities that are aligned with the Common Core learning standards and support college and career ready students.
- The successful candidate will design extended-day learning opportunities to assist struggling schools. She/he is also responsible for supervising and providing strategic leadership to Site Managers in the implementation and daily operation of the Extended Learning Time program (ELT), developing strategies to ensure ELT program staff are well-qualified to provide engaging and innovative learning opportunities that improve the performance of students district-wide.
- The Director is a strong leader and team-builder, working collaboratively with principals, teachers, parents, along with all internal departments impacting the Extended Learning programs. The Director will also be the district liaison with several Community Based Organizations and SAY YES Buffalo to ensure high quality after-school programs are in all Buffalo Public Schools.
- She/he should be knowledgeable and committed to the role of extended learning in helping students stay on track to graduate from high school and succeed in college.
- She/he has overall accountability for the quality and success of Extended Learning Programs and their alignment with the mission of the Buffalo Public Schools.
- Provides professional development to principals and teachers on Federal mandates.
- Monitors and assists in the evaluation of programs that provide intervention to students District-wide.
- Prepares reports based on data analysis of the District’s Extended Learning Time programs.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Division Chief.
Appointment will be made by the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
Administrator’s schedule based on BCSA contract.
: Pending funding
FOR FILING: FEBRUARY 27, 2014
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications