The Interim Superintendent of Schools, Donald A. Ogilvie is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for:
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS GRADES 7-12
Candidates must be New York State or Buffalo certified in the tenure area for which they are applying to teach. Preference will be given to applicants with current City of Buffalo residency.
Position requires the planning, organization, and implementation of the appropriate instructional program to address the learning needs of the students; to guide and encourage students to develop and fulfill their potential in both curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Develop lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and utilize different instructional resources and methods to support the learning needs of students at varying levels of progress.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Provide for the care and protection of school property.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
- Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
- Provide guidance to students which will promote educational development.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Update records accurately and completely as required by laws and district policies.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Manage student behavior and maintain discipline by establishing classroom rules and procedures and enforcing classroom, school, and district rules and procedures.
- Participate in department, school, and district meetings and professional development activities as appropriate.
- Stay current with most recent developments in appropriate subject area as initiated by the school or district.
- Cooperate with and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the total school program.
- Foster and maintain effective communication with parents and/or guardians.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, stand and reach with hands and arms, stoop or kneel, and crouch. Duties may involve risk resulting from attending to students’ behavioral needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Duties are normally performed in a school/classroom environment. Duties may be conducted in work-related community settings and/or occasionally performed on study trips away from the school.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
: Teacher's salary schedule.
FOR FILING: TBD
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
This recruitment bulletin in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Buffalo Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this recruitment bulletin and related duties at any time without prior notice.
Please click the "APPLY" button below to submit an application. Your application will be on file for one year.