Director of Federal & State Programs RB#13-43a
|Title:||Director of Federal & State Programs RB#13-43a|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN#13-43a DIRECTOR OF FEDERAL & STATE PROGRAMS
SEPTEMBER 20, 2013
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified
candidates for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF FEDERAL & STATE PROGRAMS
Candidates must complete an application form available on the district web site at www.buffaloschools.org.
If available, please upload a resume as well.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree and Master’s degree, and a New York State School District Administrator
Certificate, a School Business Administrator certificate is preferred. Candidates must have completed three years
of approved and appropriate teaching and a minimum of two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
Candidates should have experience in grant development and budget preparation and must be knowledgeable of
Federal and State grant-related guidelines and reporting requirements. Candidates must possess, and have
demonstrated strong leadership, organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
Under the direction of the Chief Academic Officer, the responsibilities of the Director of Federal & State Programs
will include, but are not limited to:
- Administer and monitor all aspects of the Title I Basic, Title I School Improvement Grant Program, Title IIA and Title III grants in collaboration with appropriate Central Office administrators and principals to ensure coordinated efforts in supporting schools and providing an effective supplemental instructional programs;
- Oversee adherence to federal guidelines Title I, Title IIA, and Title III;
- Design and coordinate all aspects of the Title I, Title IIA, and Title III programs and funds in collaboration with appropriate staff;
- Monitor the independent evaluation of the Title I, Title IIA, and Title III programs and plan and initiate program improvement strategies when necessary;
- Assist in the development, completion and implementation of the District’s Consolidated Application to ensure alignment with District goals as set forth in the District’s Academic Achievement Plan;
- Design and coordinate aspects of the Title I program including but not limited to School wide Program Plans, AIS and CEP plan development;
- Exercise leadership as a liaison to the NY State Education Department and US Department of Education on matters relating to Federal and State funded programs;
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and Division of Finance to coordinate budgets and ensure budgetary compliance and expenditure guidelines are adhered to;
- Assist and perform additional duties as required by the Chief Academic Officer.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials, and evaluation of service.
SALARY: Administrator Salary Schedule
FUNDING: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: UNTIL FILLED
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications