Director of Access Program RB 13-16a
|Title:||Director of Access Program RB 13-16a|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-16
DATE: MAY 2, 2013
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF ACCESS PROGRAM - PROVISIONAL
SALARY: $71,285 - $86,364
LOCATION: Adult Learning Center, 389 Virginia Street, Buffalo, NY
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OPEN COMPETITIVE
- Organizes, directs and administers all phases of job specific day-to-day operations of the Adult Education Division that support educational outcomes;
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the Division’s financial, budgetary and education business operation;
- Identifies, cultivates and develops linkages between business, industry, labor and education;
- Interfaces with intake systems and community leaders within, but not limited to, Social Services, Private Industry Council, Department of Labor, Community Service Centers, Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Buffalo Public Schools and Erie Community College;
- Researches, prepares, collaborates on, and renews funding proposals and grant applications;
- Develops a system to insure successful implementation of programs and/or support services;
- Coordinates, promotes and advertises a wide range of programs and services for the Adult Division;
- Prepares and reviews the annual budget for the Divisions operation;
- Attends meetings and prepares agendas, minutes and correspondence as required by the division’s director;
- Attends meetings, training sessions and conferences relative to matters of the Division;
- Prepares financial and operational reports as required;
- Acts as a liaison between the Board of Education, business, industry, community groups and governmental agencies to insure effective implementation of the various programs and support services;
- Works with administrators to supervise non-education and custodial personnel on data management and interpretation.
- Regularly travels to multiple sites, meetings, training and for other business;
- Performs related duties as requested by the Director of Adult Education and school district;
- Performs other duties as required
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university and two years of full-time experience in the field of public administration or education, that includes the administrative oversight of a program or department, with financial management of a multi-million dollar budget and grant funding;
Note: Verifiable part-time experience will be pro-rated to meet full-time experience requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and four years of full-time experience in the field of public administration or education, that includes the administrative oversight of a program or department, with financial management of a multi-million dollar budget and grant funding;
Proof of education must be presented at time of appointment.
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION BY CLICKING THE "APPLY" BUTTON BELOW.
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the review of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the City of Buffalo Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate. The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: May 15, 2013
Director of Employment
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications