|Title:||Senior Account Clerk Typist - Temporary, Athletics Development #19-129|
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
· Reviews and checks complex account-keeping records and reports for accuracy;
- maintains control accounts and verifies balance with subsidiary accounts;
- takes trial balances of control accounts;
- performs accounting adjustments for unusual transactions or irregularities;
- maintains cost records and compiles reports for such records;
· Classifies a variety of receipts and expenditures and distributes items according to prescribed code;
- posts to journal or ledger accounts from a variety of original entry media;
- prepares summary statements of ledger balances;
- verifies and summarizes totals of receipts with monthly register of revenues
· Assigns, reviews and records work done;
- instructs new employees in the specialized account-keeping and clerical work of the unit.
- exercises control over employees posting and checking records;
· Receives remittances by mail or in person, verifies amount, computes interest and penalties and posts to book of original entry;
- issues receipts for monies received;
· Prepares, compiles, verifies, researches, inputs accounts payable vouchers:
- reconciles vendor statements;
· Compiles data, prepares, types and analyzes complex financial and statistical records and reports;
· Supervises activities of a central payroll unit engaged in checking, verifying and distributing departmental payrolls;
- compiles payroll data and prepares types and checks payrolls;
· Conducts physical inventories and reconciles results with actual book figures;
- compiles, prepares and types labor, material and operational cost records and reports;
· Conducts routine correspondence on matters where policies and procedures are well defined;
-types receipts, payrolls, requisitions, vouchers and other materials from copy or rough drafts using equipment with the alpha-numeric keyboard, i.e., typewriters, electronic word processing equipment, personal computers, etc.;
- processes, types, sorts, indexes, records and files a variety of records and reports;
· Operates calculating, check writing, typewriter and other office machines;
· Assists in preparing departmental or unit budget and maintaining budgetary control;
- assists in preparing budget transfers and reallocation of funds and capital outlay substitutions;
· Inputs billings and file maintenance for miscellaneous charges using Personal computers, CRT terminals, Data Terminals etc.;
· Performs related duties as required.
(A) Continuous and permanent status in any city department for one year as an Account Clerk, Account Clerk-Stenographer, Account Clerk-Typist or Senior Tax Clerk. All applicants must have completed a course in typing or keyboarding (course must be listed on application).
(B) Continuous and permanent status in any city department for one year as an Administrative Aide, Clerk, Junior Data Control Clerk, Junior Traffic Clerk, Mail Room Clerk, Project Cashier, Report Technician, Senior Clerk, Senior Rate Clerk, Senior Typist, Stenographer, Telephone Operator, Typist or Senior Stenographer.
In addition, all applicants who qualify under (B) must meet the following:
1) One year of full time experience where work involves the maintenance of financial accounts and records;
2) Completion of a course in Accounting or Bookkeeping (course must be listed on application).
3) All applicants must have completed a course in typing or keyboarding (course must be listed on application).
(A) Associate’s Degree from an accredited college, business or technical institute in Accounting and completion of a typing or keyboarding course (course must be listed on application);
(B) Completion of 60 semester credit hours from an accredited college or university including 6 credit hours in Accounting and completion of a course in typing or keyboarding and one year of full time experience where work involves the maintenance of financial accounts and records (course work must be listed on application);
C) Graduation from High School, GED or Equivalency Diploma supplemented by a course in Bookkeeping or Accounting and Typing or Keyboarding and three years of full-time business or office experience, one year of which must have involved the maintenance of financial accounts and records (course work must be listed on application);
(D) An equivalent combination as defined within the limits of A, B and C.
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION BY CLICKING THE "APPLY" BUTTON BELOW.
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the review of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the City of Buffalo Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate. The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: October 8, 2019
Ms. Jamie Warren
Associate Superintendent of Human Resources