Asst. Supt of Attendance & Registration RB 13-04
|Title:||Asst. Supt of Attendance & Registration RB 13-04|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-04 ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT
JULY 15, 2013 OF ATTENDANCE & REGISTRATION
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving
applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF ATTENDANCE & REGISTRATION
Candidates must complete an online application form, available at www.buffaloschools.org.
Candidates must have a Master’s degree, and a New York State School District Administrator (SDA),
or School District Leader (SDL) certificate by the time of appointment. Candidates must have a
minimum of eight years combined certificated teaching and supervisory experience, with a minimum of
five (5) years at the supervisory level. Candidates with prior administrative experience in an urban
school district with a large racially and ethnically diverse population are preferred.
The Assistant Superintendent of Attendance and Registration is responsible for providing
overall coordination and supervision of advising, registration, and placement processes for
the Student Placement and Registration office. The Assistant Superintendent also coordinates
and supervises all aspects of the district attendance services and new initiatives.
The Assistant Superintendent of Attendance and Registration reports to the district’s Chief of
Student Support Services.
Specifically, the Assistant Superintendent of Attendance and Registration will be responsible for
- Manage issues of student enrollment including, but not limited to enrollment projections, student transfers, school choice, elementary, middle and high school admissions, criterion based school selection and early childhood enrollment.
- Assist with resolving registration and placement issues and answer questions related to official student placement and enrollment.
- Serves as the primary contact for parents, principals, district and school personnel on enrollment related issues.
- Develops and works to enhance the Marketing of the Central Registration office including, but not limited to, the clear articulation of district programs and offerings.
- Works closely with departments of instruction, school leadership, and finance to support NCLB public school choice and the Strategic Plan of the district
- Analyze demographic data in relation to school growth and district operations.
- Provide a strategic plan for student placement that meets the needs of entering students and families.
- Supervises all student placement, registration, and district attendance staff and administrators
- Supervises the District attendance programs
- Participate in school attendance reviews as needed.
- Ensure that employees create a welcoming environment in the placement and registration office and respond to telephone and email correspondence in a timely and courteous manner.
- Provide consistent reception, give accurate and up-to-date information, and respond to other communication demands regarding questions about registration, and placement during critical enrollment periods.
- Implement student-centered registration and placement work flow processes to ensure that families receive registration information and access. Specifically, implement work flow improvement strategies within acceptable federal regulations to reduce the amount of time from the point of request for services to the delivery of such service.
- Re-design, and implement processes to automate advising, registration, and placement work flow tasks.
- Implement new technology strategies to facilitate the quick and accurate response to enrollment and registration questions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Individuals serving as Assistant Superintendent of Attendance and Registration will demonstrate
- Strategic vision and courage to ensure that all students achieve
- Ability to work collaboratively to support district initiatives focused on increased student attendance.
- Strong leadership capabilities, management, communication, interpersonal skills, and commitment to promoting values of cultural sensitivity, equity and responsiveness.
- Ability to develop, execute, and monitor impact of plans for student enrollment and registration
- Proficiency managing a data-based, change-management process, and expertise in assessing, understanding and using data to inform decision making.
Appointment will be made by the Superintendent following an assessment of training, experience,
credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: Administrator Salary Schedule
FUNDING: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: JULY 29, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications