Supervisor of Pupil Personnel Services RB#13-61
|Title:||Supervisor of Pupil Personnel Services RB#13-61|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-61 SUPERVISOR OF PUPIL
NOTICE OF POSITION
SEPTEMBER 19, 2013 PERSONNEL SERVICES
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown., is interested in receiving applications from
qualified candidates for the position of:
SUPERVISOR OF PUPIL PERSONNEL SERVICES
Candidates interested in applying must complete an online application on the district web site
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, a permanent teaching certificate
in a pupil personnel services area (Attendance, Guidance Counselor, School Psychologist,
School Social Worker), and a New York State School District Administrator (SDA), New York
State School Supervisor (SAS), School District Leader (SDL), or School Building Leader (SBL)
certificate. The candidate must demonstrate knowledge of New York State Suspension
Law §3214. Candidates must have three years of approved and appropriate experience in a pupil
personnel services tenure area.
Under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent of Student Services, the Supervisor will be
responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Conduct Superintendent’s formal suspension hearings,
- Serve as a consultant to school suspension cases
- Conduct parent review conferences, hear and process grievance cases
- Work collaboratively with BPS liaisons to City and Family Courts
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Assistant Superintendent for Student Support Services/School Operations/Leadership, for the successful operation of the department.
- All pupil personnel activities are conducted in a manner which guarantees adherence to individual rights of students as prescribed by New York State Education Laws: 3214 and 3204.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
shall be conducted where appropriate.
Administrator’s salary schedule.
FOR FILING: OCTOBER 2, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications