Instructional Coach District Wide OSL RB 13-74
|Title:||Instructional Coach District Wide OSL RB 13-74|
|Department:||Teaching and Learning|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-74 INSTRUCTIONAL COACH
OCTOBER 4, 2013 DISTRICT WIDE
OFFICE OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified
candidates for the position of:
INSTRUCTIONAL COACH - DISTRICT WIDE
OFFICE OF SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the “APPLY” button below. Once the form
is completed, click the “Submit” button.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree and New York State certification in at least one of the
following subject areas; Math, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, Reading or Literacy, and
Candidates must have three years of approved and appropriate teaching and/or coaching experience
in an urban school district. In evaluating each candidate’s qualifications, preference will be given to the
candidate’s understanding and demonstration of effective coaching techniques; coursework and
experiences in best instructional practices in the core content areas, data driven instruction and
professional development. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills,
organizational skills, and leadership and problem-solving ability. Proficiency in the use of technology,
the Common Core Learning Standards, assessments.
The Instructional Coach will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Classroom Support of Individual Teachers
Lead Grade Level/Common Planning Time Meetings
- Tailored to the needs of each teacher
- Demonstration teaching
- Team teaching
- Providing assistance in implementing Common Core Learning Standards lessons and units
- Facilitate access to needed materials
- Giving feedback on the teacher’s effort to implement curriculum aligned to Common Core Learning Standards, RtI, data-driven instruction using a demonstrate-debrief-observe – debrief intervention strategy
Professional Development Activities
- Collaboration with building administrators to execute all components of Grade Level/Common Planning Time meetings.
- Scheduling and facilitating regular Grade Level/Common Planning Time meetings
- Use of data, decide on focus of meetings and planning in collaboration with Principal/Assistant Principal
- Stating the purpose of meeting with an identified outcome
- Establishing a reporting out and follow-up process
- Plan and lead on-going professional development during faculty meetings, early release days, after-school, superintendent conference days, etc. focused on Common Core Learning
- Standards Curriculum, unfamiliar content and/or innovative instruction and assessment strategies.
- Serving on or leading Common Core Learning Standards and Curriculum Committees
- Serving on or leading Common Assessment development committee
- Attending professional development to further and deepen level of expertise.
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the full and ongoing implementation of all District initiatives and implementation of the Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS).
- Guiding and assisting in the full and ongoing implementation of all Instructional Programs with support of the Buffalo City Schools administration and building principal.
- Collaborating with teachers and building principals regarding the implementation of research based instructional strategies that are direct, explicit, and systematic to support with a focus on in-classroom support and development.
- Reviewing and analyzing student data and outcome assessment data to diagnose obstacles and assist teachers in determining appropriate interventions and necessary program modifications via modeling, training and professional development to support successful school transformation.
- Providing PLO for teachers at curricular common planning time meetings, after school, and on Saturdays to support successful school transformation.
- Assist in development and supporting teachers in implementing action plans based on data to support successful school transformation.
- Attend District PLO for instructional coaches
- Must be skilled at working with adult and student learners.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
shall be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: Teachers’ salary schedule.
FUND: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: OCTOBER 18, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications