CSE-Chair/Helping Tchr - Central CSE RB#13-48
|Title:||CSE-Chair/Helping Tchr - Central CSE RB#13-48|
DescriptionRECRUITMENT BULLETIN 13-48 COMMITTEE ON SPECIAL EDUCATION
AUGUST 15, 2013 CHAIR/HELPING TEACHER CENTRAL CSE – (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications
from qualified candidates for the position of:
COMMITTEE ON SPECIAL EDUCATION – CHAIR/HELPING TEACHER – CENTRAL CSE
Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the “Apply”
button below. Once the form
is completed, click the “Submit”
Candidates must have New York State permanent teacher certification in Special Education and
have 3-5 years of successful classroom experience in an urban school district. Candidates must have
extensive knowledge of the Buffalo Public Schools Academic Achievement Plan, Federal and State
regulations pertaining to Special Education, extensive knowledge of Individual Education Program
development and successful parent relations in a school or district setting that are verifiable.
The Central Committee on Special Education Chair will responsible for, but not limited to,
- Conference with parents about alternatives to special education referral.
- Organize, implement, and oversee all Central Committee on Special Education processes as outlined in Commissioner’s Regulations and Federal Law for timely and exemplary implementation.
- Maintain compliance with all CSE processes.
- Verify that student responses to interventions are documented by staff prior to referral, monitor Individual Education Plan (IEP) compliance.
- Perform observations and testing as required by the Central Committee on Special Education and assist the Central Committee on Special Education in the appropriate development and implementation of the IEP.
- Plan and facilitate an annual meeting with Charter & non-public staff according to State regulations.
- Educate Charter/Non-pub, agency on CSE process.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
shall be scheduled where appropriate. This appointment will be processed as “temporarily assigned” to
the position. All temporary assignments end not later than June 30 and must be processed each year.
Teachers salary schedule based on BTF contract + $300.
: Pending funding
FOR FILING: AUGUST 28, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications