Psychologist CSE School 12 RB #13-41
|Title:||Psychologist CSE School 12 RB #13-41 |
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-41 PSYCHOLOGIST
DECEMBER 9, 2013 CENTRAL COMMITTEE ON SPECIAL EDUCATION
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
PSYCHOLOGIST – Central Committee on Special Education
Candidates must complete an online application at www.buffaloschools.org.
Candidates must be a New York State certified school psychologist (bilingual extension or certification preferred but not required). Candidates must have extensive knowledge of the Buffalo Public Schools Academic Achievement Plan, the role of the Committee on Special Education, Federal and State regulations pertaining to Special Education including the educational benefit review process, extensive knowledge of measuring student response to intervention (RTI) and successful parent relations at a school or district setting that are verifiable.
LOCATION: School #12
Under the direction of the Director of Special Education, the Psychologist will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Serve as a mandated member of the Committee on Special Education.
- Conduct mandated Psychological/Educational evaluations per State and Federal Regulations.
- Prepare written reports and assist in the development of Individual Education Plans for students with disabilities including computer input into IEP software.
- Provide support to Charter Schools, non-public schools and agencies with both academic and behavioral Response to Intervention (RTI).
- Work with teachers and staff to develop appropriate Functional Behavioral Assessments and Behavioral Intervention Plans.
- Perform any assigned duties deemed necessary and appropriate.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, credentials, and evaluation of service. Personal interview shall be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: Salary schedule based on BTF contract.
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: DECEMBER 20, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF BUFFALO SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications