Virtual Advanced Placement English Lit. RB 13-108
|Title:|| Virtual Advanced Placement English Lit. RB 13-108|
DescriptionRECRUITMENT BULLETIN 13-108 VAP Tutor (Virtual Advanced Placement)
DECEMBER 5, 2013 AP English Literature
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the positions of:
Virtual Advanced Placement (VAP) Tutor – AP English Literature
Candidates must complete an application form available on the District website, www.buffaloschools.org
Candidates must hold valid certification in Secondary English Education (grades 9-12) from New York State and currently be employed with the Buffalo Public Schools as a tenured, probationary or a certified substitute teacher. The candidate must be AP trained by the College Board and have experience teaching AP English Literature. He/she must also have a demonstrated record of effective academic results and possess a recognized interest in supporting all students in their pursuit of rigorous coursework. Candidates must also have the technological skills necessary to perform the duties associated with virtual tutoring. The successful candidate must be able and willing to meet with students virtually after school for a minimum of 1 hour Monday through Thursday, and meet face to face with students during onsite group support sessions, held at least 1 Saturday per month, for the remainder of the 2013-2014 school year.
The VAP Tutor – AP English Literature will work under the supervision of the Director of ELA and work closely with the VAP Program Coordinator and other AP teachers in the district. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend training to use Edgenuity, the virtual learning system that supports the VAP program.
- Follow the AP English Literature curriculum during tutoring sessions.
- Keep accurate records of student participation.
- Work with students from multiple sites to make and set goals for their achievement.
- Plan for and implement quality virtual tutoring sessions that effectively address students’ needs and results in student progression toward their set goals.
- Assess student progress and maintain accurate records of their achievements.
- Communicate regularly with students’ AP English Literature teacher.
- Participate in test prep/professional development Saturday seminars.
- Attend VAP committee meetings.
- Attend VAP after school events.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
: Pending funding
FOR FILING: DECEMBER 18, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications