Mathematics Support Teacher Elementary RB 12-81a
|Title:||Mathematics Support Teacher Elementary RB 12-81a|
DescriptionRECRUITMENT BULLETIN #12-81a MATHEMATICS SUPPORT TEACHER
JUNE 6, 2013 ELEMENTARY School #33
The Superintendent of Schools, Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from
qualified candidates for the position of:
MATHEMATICS SUPPORT TEACHER ~ ELEMENTARY
Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the "APPLY"
button below. Once
completed click the "SUBMIT"
: Candidates must hold Buffalo or New York State certification in Mathematics and Elementary
Education grades 1-6 or Corrective Math. Candidates possessing ONLY
NYS or Buffalo Elementary Education or
Corrective Math certification must have a minimum of 18 hours of credited mathematics courses, 9 credits of which
must be mathematics content courses. Thorough knowledge of mathematics research and have the capability to
provide adult professional development. Candidates must be tenured with BPS and have at least three years of
appropriate and approved teaching experience.
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the full and ongoing implementation of all Mathematics programs
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the implementation of the Common Core Learning Standards
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the implementation of valid and reliable assessment tools
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the Data Driven Inquiry process
- Collaborating with teachers in the implementation of instructional strategies that are standards-based
- Intensively monitoring mathematics programs, stratiegies and materials for students
- Reviewing and analyzing student diagnostic screening, and progress data, as well as outcome assessment data, to assist in appropriate student interventions and necessary program modifications
- Planning and facilitating grade level meetings and on-going professional development
- Collaborating with building administrator and teachers, parent, and students
- Develop partnerships with the broader community to ensure congruency with the District's needs and expectations
- Participate in professional development on the Common Core Learning Standards and math curriculum
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be
scheduled where appropriate. This appointment will be processed as “temporarily assigned” to the position. All
temporary assignments end not later than June 30 and must be processed each year.
Teacher’s salary schedule.
FOR FILING: JUNE 20, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications