RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-38 DIRECTOR OF
AUGUST 5, 2013 INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified
candidates for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY
Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the “Apply”
button below. Once the form is
completed, click the “Submit”
: Candidates must hold a Master’s degree, and a School Administrator Certificate (SDA)
or New York State School District Leader (SDL). It is highly preferable that the candidate have coursework
related to school technology and experience teaching instructional technology. Candidates must also
have prior experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in the area of school technology. Candidates
must have completed five years of approved and appropriate teaching in an urban school district.
Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, the Director of Instructional Technology will be responsible
for but not limited to the following:
- Provides leadership for short and long-range planning for all technology initiatives: vision, goals, program objectives/strategies/activities, infrastructure, staffing, training, evaluation, budgeting, and collaboration with others.
- Manage the instructional technology program, including but not limited to: instructional software and hardware, course specific software, library systems software, website software, and other future software adopted based on identified needs.
- Supervise and work with Instructional Technology Coaches to plan, develop and implement program activities to support the National Educational Technology Standards, Common Core Learning Standards, BPS academic plans and other initiatives as necessary.
- Consult with the District Technology team to establish standards for the purchase of equipment, software, related media, and supplies for instructional technology integration and management activities according to the local purchasing guidelines.
- Analyze all technology related proposal in regards to impact on instruction.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations to determine the effectiveness of the technology.
- Provide leadership for the continued implementation of the District’s Interactive Whiteboards.
- Partner with District department and committees (Teaching and Learning, Plant, Budget, Human Resources) and other committees on technology initiatives as assigned.
- Consult with Chief Technology Officer to prepare and administer necessary budgets for technology program; evaluates expenditures to ensure proper allocation of funds and adherence to organizational accounting requirements, and coordinates with other departments or agencies to ensure maximum services and resources.
- Assist teachers in the use of technology applications for curricular use and provides initial and ongoing staff development opportunities through Instructional Technology Coaches.
- Communicate with local, state and national organizations, institutions and agencies involved with technology in schools.
- Manage grants for state and federal technology funding.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and participate in other activities to promote professional growth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
shall be scheduled where appropriate.
Administrator’s salary schedule.
: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: AUGUST 23, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS