RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-42 August 22, 2013
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
POSITION: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER – PROVISIONAL
$54,455 - $66,623
LOCATION: 719 City Hall, Buffalo, NY
- Leads staffing initiatives including recruitment, transfers, promotions and separations;
- Advises managers on issues including disability, workers’ compensation, FMLA, other leaves of absences and related policies and laws;
- Develops and participates in interview processes for new and replacement positions where appropriate;
- Implements a training and development needs assessment process in alignment with tactical and strategic goals and objectives;
- In partnership with the Director of Employment Services, develops and maintains the succession planning process for customer group(s);
- Creates HR metrics to measure and report the success of HR solutions and services in contributing to the customer group(s) success in the effectiveness, efficiency and attainment of overall objectives, including professional satisfaction and culture change;
- Supports change management initiatives including providing employee relations, training and team building;
- Reviews and assesses organizational structure and roles and recommends changes and modifications to leadership, as appropriate;
- Develops and maintains working relationships with bargaining units, District Administrators, and other outside agencies
- Performs related duties as required.
Continuous and permanent status in the Buffalo Board of Education as a Human Resources Generalist for two years.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and three years of full-time experience in the field of Human Resources, including internal consulting on strategic human resources issues.
Note: Verifiable part-time experience will be pro-rated to meet full-time experience requirements. Proof of education must be presented at time of appointment.
CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AVAILABLE ONLINE AT www.buffaloschools.org
(Recruitment Bulletin number must
be included on application)
Appointments are subject to the review of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the City of Buffalo Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: September 5, 2013
Darren J. Brown
Chief of Talent Management