Instructional Coach - Several Positions RB 12-133
|Title:||Instructional Coach - Several Positions RB 12-133|
|Department:||Teaching and Learning|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #12-133 INSTRUCTIONAL COACH
May 8, 2013 SEVERAL POSITIONS
NOTICE OF POSITION
he Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified
candidates for the position of:
INSTRUCTIONAL COACH – DISTRICT-WIDE
Candidates must complete an application form available on the district web site at
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree and New York State certification in at least one of the following
subject areas; Math, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, Reading or Literacy, and Elementary
Candidates must have three years of approved and appropriate teaching and/or coaching experience in
an urban school district. In evaluating each candidate’s qualifications, preference will be given to the
candidate’s understanding and demonstration of effective coaching techniques; coursework and
experiences in best instructional practices in the core content areas, data driven instruction and
professional development. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills,
organizational skills, and leadership and problem-solving ability. Proficiency in the use of technology, the
Common Core Learning Standards, assessments, and techniques to facilitate professional learning for
teachers in a confidential relationship that encourages risk taking is essential.
The Instructional Coach will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Classroom Support of Individual Teachers
- Tailored to the needs of each teacher
- Demonstration teaching
- Team teaching
- Providing assistance in implementing Common Core Learning Standards lessons and units
- Facilitate access to needed materials
- Giving feedback on the teacher’s effort to implement curriculum aligned to Common Core Learning Standards, RtI, data-driven instruction using a demonstrate-debrief-observe – debrief intervention strategy
Lead Grade Level/Common Planning Time Meetings
- Collaboration with building administrators to execute all components of Grade Level/Common Planning Time meetings.
- Scheduling and facilitating regular Grade Lave/Common Planning Time meetings
- Use of data, decide on focus of meetings and planning in collaboration with Principal/Assistant Principal
- Stating the purpose of meeting with an identified outcome
- Establishing a reporting out and follow-up process
Professional Development Activities
- Plan and lead on-going professional development during faculty meetings, early release days, after-school, superintendent conference days, etc. focused on Common Core Learning
- Standards Curriculum, unfamiliar content and/or innovative instruction and assessment strategies.
- Serving on or leading Common Core Learning Standards and Curriculum Committees
- Serving on or leading Common Assessment development committee
- Attending professional development to further and deepen level of expertise.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews,
a modeled lesson and a writing sample shall be scheduled.
SALARY: Teacher’s salary schedule.
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: May 24, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications