Inst. Specialist Coach Math 37 & 59 RB 12-31a
|Title:||Inst. Specialist Coach Math 37 & 59 RB 12-31a|
|Department:||Teaching and Learning|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #12-31a INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST
APRIL 25, 2013 COACH-MATHEMATICS
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS #37 & #59
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified
candidates for the position of:
INSTRUCTIONAL SPECIALIST COACH MATHEMATICS - ELEMENTARY
SchoolS 37 & 59
Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the “APPLY” button below. Once the form
is completed, click the “Submit” button.
Candidates must hold Buffalo or New York State certification in Mathematics and Elementary Education
grades 1-6 or Corrective Math. Candidates possessing ONLY NYS or Buffalo Elementary Education or
Corrective Math certification must have a minimum of 18 hours of credited mathematics courses, 9 credits
of which must be mathematics content courses. Thorough knowledge of mathematics research and
have the capability to provide adult professional development. Candidates must complete professional
development in Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) as well as participate in other Professional
Learning Opportunities as instructed by the Director of Elementary Education and/or Supervisor of
In evaluating each candidate’s qualifications, consideration will be given to the candidate’s coursework
and experience in the areas of scientifically based mathematics research, assessment, and professional
development in the area of mathematics. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral
communication skills, organizational skills, and demonstrate leadership and interpersonal communication
skills with adults. Proficiency in the use of technology and knowledge of the Common Core Learning
Standards for Mathematics will also be considered in evaluating each candidate’s qualifications
DUTIES: Responsibilities include:
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the full and ongoing implementation of Investigations 2 and Connected Math programs.
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the implementation of the Common Core Learning Standards.
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the implementation of valid and reliable assessment tools and planning related professional development.
- Collaborating with teachers in the implementation of instructional strategies that are standards-based.
- Intensively monitoring mathematics programs, strategies and materials for students who are performing below grade level.
- Reviewing and analyzing student diagnostic screening, and progress data, as well as outcome assessment data, to assist in determining appropriate student interventions and necessary program modifications.
- Providing PLO for teachers at grade level, early release day, etc.
- Assist in the development of action plans and supporting this implementation based on data.
- Collaborating with building administrator and building reading coach.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
shall be scheduled where appropriate. This appointment will be processed as “temporarily assigned” to
the position. All temporary assignments end not later than June 30 and must be processed each year.
SALARY: Teachers’ salary schedule.
FUND: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: MAY 9, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications