Research Aide #13-79
|Title:||Research Aide #13-79|
5 DAY POSTING 5 DAY POSTING
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION
OFFICE OF TALENT MANAGEMENT
ROOM 720 CITY HALL
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-79 December 6, 2013
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
POSITION: RESEARCH AIDE - PERMANENT
SALARY: $42,146 - $50,327
LOCATION: PS 95 – Waterfront Elementary, 95 Fourth Street, Buffalo, NY
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Monitors and evaluates programs to insure compliance with approved contracts/grants;
- performs on-site monitoring of funded agencies to determine levels of activity and number of clients served;
- analyzes information obtained from on-site visits in relation to objects as stated in approved contracts;
- prepares reports on progress and productivity of human service progress;
- confers with public and private agencies to improve delivery of human services to those in need;
- assists in preparing reports and studies pertaining to human services programming;
- Collects data needed to prepare research studies/reports in the areas of traffic accidents, parking regulations, traffic flow patterns, mechanical traffic counters;
- researches availability of grants for traffic and safety improvements;
- Collects data used to prepare summaries/reports in such areas as calls for police service, criminal activities and manpower workload for administrative and operational functions;
- researches information and assists in revising/amending the manual of procedures and rules of conduct;
- monitors personnel history system and up-dates a needed;
- Prepares charts, tables, graphs and maps;
- Prepares reports and studies pertaining to specific program activity and performance;
- Acts as liaison between the city and private agencies and general public;
- May operate computer terminal for entering of and obtaining necessary data;
- Conducts correspondence as required;
- Performs related work as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Working knowledge of research methods and techniques;
- Ability to collect and organize data and prepare reports;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate programs;
- Ability to prepare written material;
- Ability to understand and interpret material in tabular form;
- Ability to understand and carry out direction/instructions;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
- Completion of sixty (60) semester credit hours from an accredited college or university and one year of qualifying experience*;
(B) Graduation from High School, GED or equivalency Diploma and three (3) years of qualifying experience*;
(C) an equivalent combination of the foregoing as defined within the limits of A and B.
*Qualifying Experience - must be full-time experience in one of the following areas:
1. gathering of data
2. planning and evaluating research studies
3. research/surveying work in compiling, storing or retrieving of information
4. mathematical research work
NOTE: Verifiable part-time experience, will be pro-rated to meet the full-time experience requirement.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university may be substituted for
the experience requirement.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college, university, business/technical institute
and one-year of qualifying experience would be acceptable.
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AVAILABLE ONLINE AT www.buffaloschools.org
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the review of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the City of Buffalo Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: December 12, 2013
Director of Recruitment and Employment Services
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications