Director of School Review RB #13-06
|Title:||Director of School Review RB #13-06|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN 13-06 DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL REVIEW
JULY 15, 2013
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Pamela C. Brown, Ed.D., is interested in receiving applications
from qualified candidates for the position of:
DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL REVIEW
Candidates interested in applying must complete an online application on the district web site at:
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree and a school district administrator (SDA)
certificate. Candidates must have three years of approved administrative experience. Experience
in working with: external providers, multiple schools and systems, deadlines, and autonomously will
be considered in evaluating each candidate’s qualifications. Excellent presentation, verbal and
written communication skills are also required for this position. Candidates must be able to attend
quarterly meetings in Albany with the State Education Department.
Under the direction of the Chief of Strategic Alignment and Innovation, the Director will be responsible
for but not limited to the following:
- Participate in the planning, management, oversight, and monitoring of the district’s Priority and Focus Schools as related to State and Federal monitoring and compliance requirements.
- Coordinate site visits and participate in the implementation State and District Integrated Intervention Team reviews.
- Serve on the District Integrated Intervention Team for monitoring schools, make onsite visits to schools, and assist schools with meeting benchmarks.
- Coordinate and align the DTSDE Toolkit with the District Priority School Review & Monitoring Process and the writing of School Improvement Grants, District Comprehensive Improvement Plan (DCIP) and School Comprehensive Education Plans (SCEP).
- Demonstrate a commitment to success in the turnaround of Priority Schools and the capacity to assist schools to implement the identified Turnaround model.
- Work with priority school partners to efficiently navigate the district’s policies and procedures and access resources to gain flexibility in implementing the contents of the partners contract and the performance expectations framework.
- Seek ways to build positive relationships, provide technical assistance and support to the EPOs and other priority school partners, and the schools, and communicate to the BOE and district leadership on progress of the schools.
- Develop and maintain an expertise in working with the requirements of School Improvement Grants and have a thorough understanding of the performance expectations framework and the terms of the partnerships and EPO contracts.
- Assist schools with district, state, and federal grant writing, reporting requirements and report progress to the district leadership and BOE.Attend scheduled BOE meetings when necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to Priority Schools and Priority School partners and the leadership of the schools.
- Prepare written status reports for the BOE and NYSED.
- Troubleshoot issues on behalf of the Priority Schools and partners.
- Perform related duties as required.
Appointment will be made by the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience,
credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
Administrator’s schedule schedule.
: Pending funding
FOR FILING: JULY 29, 2013
DR.PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications