Data Coach Office of School Leadership RB 13-63
|Title:||Data Coach Office of School Leadership RB 13-63|
|Department:||Teaching and Learning|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN 13-63 DATA COACH
SEPTEMBER 24, 2013 Office of School Leadership
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from
qualified candidates for the position of:
DATA COACH – Office of School Leadership
Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the “Apply”
button below. Once
the form is completed, click the “Submit”
Candidates must have NYS permanent teacher certification in any core subject area
(i.e. Elementary, Math, Science, English, Social Studies, Special Education). Candidates must
have a minimum of three years of successful classroom experience in an urban school district.
Candidates must have experience with data collection including maintaining and accessing reports
and listings. Candidates must have strong technology skills, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access,
Infinite Campus, NYSTART, and web based applications. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge
of formative assessment strategies and common core standards. Strong communication and
relationship building skills preferred.
Candidates must complete professional development in the following areas: Common Core Learning
Standards (CCLS), Data Driven Instruction (DDI), and Student Learning Objectives (SLO), as well
as participate in other Professional Learning Opportunities related to the Race To The Top initiative.
Under the direction of the Chiefs of School Leadership, the Data Coach(es) will be responsible for,
but not limited to, the following:
- Assist classroom teachers with reviewing formative, summative, and state assessment data.
- Consult and mentor classroom teachers to utilize data to inform instructional decisions.
- Work with a Research Aide to organize, implement, and oversee the data required for assigned schools.
- Assist with Data Team planning at assigned schools.
- Participate and provide professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators in the use of data in the classroom.
- Provide annual, monthly, or weekly reports for teachers and grade level/common planning time meetings.
- Consult with the Office of Shared Accountability to maintain and update District records for reporting requirements and communicate changes when necessary.
- Attend NYSED training as required.
In evaluating each candidate’s qualifications, consideration will be given to the candidate’s
coursework and experiences in the areas of scientifically based research as it relates to the
effective gathering, analysis and use of multiple data sets as well as use of early warning
systems and predictors of student performance. The candidate must possess excellent
written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and demonstrate leadership and
interpersonal communication skills with adults.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal
interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
Teachers salary schedule.
: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: OCTOBER 7, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications