The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Kriner Cash, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for:
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the "APPLY" button at the bottom of this page to start your application. Once the application is completed, click the “Submit” button. Your application will be kept on file for one year.
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. (Be sure to check your junk and spam mail.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
Candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Counseling Education and hold a NYS Certificate in Counseling Education. It is required that candidates must attach a PDF or a screen shot of their certifications.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in theoretical and evidence based methodologies that focus on Comprehensive School Counselor philosophies. A thorough understanding of college admissions, data analysis and researching scholarship applications for students is necessary. Preference will be given to applicants with current City of Buffalo residency.
The School Counselor will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
This recruitment bulletin in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Buffalo Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this recruitment bulletin and related duties at any time without prior notice.
- Assist students in the development of an academic program which meets their interests and ability – with special emphasis upon the high school selections process and post secondary education.
- Assist students and parents in understanding test results and records and provide information for students, parents and teachers on required standardized tests.
- Collaborate with teachers to provide guidance lessons and information.
- Assist students in the preparation of a post secondary planning time table for post-secondary education and/or training.
- Review the status of students as it pertains to academic and behavioral progress.
- Increase students’ awareness of the career and educational planning process as well as for the individual careers.
- Counsel students regarding attendance and tardiness.
- Develop resources and information for students on career development and job readiness.
- Assist students with personal and social issues which impedes learning.
- Provide counseling for students in the areas of self-esteem, communication skills, decision-making and relationship skills.
- Develop resources to assist students in learning educational survival skills including study skills and conflict resolution strategies.
- Assist with Crisis Intervention Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, certifications, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: Teacher's salary schedule.
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: TBD
DR. KRINER CASH,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS