Principal - DaVinci HS #212 RB 13-69
|Title:||Principal - DaVinci HS #212 RB 13-69|
|Department:||Office of School Performance|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-69 PRINCIPAL
SEPTEMBER 26, 2013
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown., seeks a highly motivated transformational
leader for the position of principal. The principal provides school building leadership for all school
programs and collaborates with district leaders to achieve district goals and initiatives.
Leonardo DaVinci High School #212
Candidates must complete an online application form located at www.buffaloschools.org
If you are currently employed as a Buffalo Public School Principal, you need not submit a full
application. Current Buffalo Public School Principals must complete the School Administrator Intention
Form, and submit it to the attention of Executive Director of Human Resources by mail to 727 City Hall,
Buffalo, New York 14202 or by fax to 716-851-3882.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree, and a New York State School District Administrator (SDA),
New York State School Supervisor (SAS), School District Leader (SDL), or School Building Leader ( SBL )
certificate by the time of appointment.
Candidates must have a minimum of eight years combined certificated teaching and supervisory
experience, with a minimum of two years at the supervisory level. Candidates with prior Principal
or administrative experience in an urban school district or in a district with a large diverse population
Candidates are responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Teaching and Learning
- create and communicate a School Comprehensive Education Plan (SCEP) aligned with the District’s vision and goals;
- conduct classroom observations and evaluations of teachers that lead to positive changes in teacher practices and increased student outcomes;
- assess the strengths and areas in need of improvement of faculty and staff based on a sound knowledge base;
- communicate school-wide changes and anticipated actions with the support of data;
- work to develop and maintain clear lines of communication and collaboration between staff, administrators, students and parents for the purpose of increasing student outcomes;
- establish priority areas for instructional focus and make necessary changes in those areas to strengthen teaching and improve student learning;
- ensure that all school leaders and instructional staff monitor progress regularly, and systematically make adjustments to strengthen teaching and student learning;
Collection, Analysis, and Utilization of Data
- collaboratively conduct a comprehensive curriculum review to ensure that the curriculum aligns with state and local standards and meets the needs of all students in the school, including students with disabilities and English Language Learners;
- rigorously monitor the alignment of the written, taught, and assessed curriculum using scope and sequence documents and pacing calendars;
Infrastructure for Student Success
- ensure improved student achievement by analyzing data, using data to inform decisions and drive for results
- set high performance goals for all students in the school
- monitor standards for achievement, aligning school resources, and prioritizing activities to achieve maximum results.
- champion system mission, core values, and strategic objectives
- ensure a collaborative culture by expecting teams to set standards for their work, and take action to meet the standards
- develop effective processes to plan for continuous improvement, solve problems, and to achieve desired results
- foster a positive school climate where student discipline concerns are addressed in a manner that promotes student responsibility and mutual respect; and
- arrange for targeted professional development based on analyses of achievement and instruction, differentiated according to teacher needs and the subject areas targeted for instructional improvement.
- develop others by providing coaching and support, expressing positive expectations, and selecting data-driven professional development opportunities
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials, and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
will be scheduled where appropriate.
Principal’s salary schedule.
: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: October 9, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications