Model Induction Prog-Program Coord/Mentor RB 13-55
|Title:||Model Induction Prog-Program Coord/Mentor RB 13-55|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-55 MODEL INDUCTION PROGRAM
AUGUST 30, 2013 PROGRAM COORDINATOR/MENTOR
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Pamela C. Brown, Ed.D., is interested in receiving applications
from qualified candidates for the position of:
MODEL INDUCTION PROGRAM
Candidates interested in applying must complete an online application on the district web site at
Candidates must hold a New York State teaching certificate. Candidates must have excellent
interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. They must be able to work cooperatively
with individuals and groups in problem solving, develop a strong collegial and collaborative
relationship with other teachers, school administrators, partners, and central office staff.
He/she must have a strong sense of responsibility for the academic and developmental welfare
of students, and be able and willing to create an environment that stimulates learning and the
personal development of children. A strong knowledge of second language acquisition, research
based instructional strategies for teaching English language learners (ELLs), cultural considerations,
technology, curriculum and instruction, and experience in grant implementation, professional
development, and peer mentoring are a plus. Candidates must have demonstrated leadership
skills and teaching experience in ESL or a classroom with a high ELL enrollment.
Model Induction Coordinator/Mentor acts as a pedagogical leader in the targeted school and
has a central function in the organization of the program. The coordinator maintains contact
with school administration, subject area leaders, teachers, students, partners, and the Departments
of Multilingual Education and Professional Development.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures compliance with requirements and timelines stipulated in the Model Induction Program narrative, including required reporting to NYSED and ARRA.
- Coordinates, plans, and leads staff development for and regular meetings with full and part-time mentors and mentees
- Provides in-service training, support and mentoring to identified mentees [including after school and on Saturdays with remuneration at the contractual rate].
- Participates in a variety of professional growth opportunities [including after school and on Saturdays with remuneration at the contractual rate]
- Maintains documentation of mentoring and professional development sessions, including logs, sign-in sheets, and Professional Growth System management.
- Assists in setting up systems for communication and cooperation of the entire professional staff in implementing the program.
- Prepares contracts, board recommendations, and other documentation required to implement the program.
- Assists teacher in implementing the strategies and skills presented through Model Induction professional learning opportunities.
- Assists teachers, with understanding acculturation and developing intercultural proficiency.
- Assists mentees in examining ELL data and using it to drive instruction for ELLs.
- Assists mentees in preparing lessons differentiated to meet the needs of varied students based on their language proficiency levels.
- Assists in maintaining the program budget and ensuring that funds are expended in a timely and efficient way as set forth in the grant
- Ensures that all BPS requisitions are properly filed and monitored through the finance process.
- Coordinates partnerships with external agencies.
- Develop and maintain a model induction subpage of the district website to inform and communicate with teachers, administrators, and partners.
- Performs such other duties and assumes such other responsibilities as may be assigned or arise due to the nature of the position.
- Participates in Model Induction Leadership Team meetings
- Meets weekly with Director of Multilingual Education.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent
following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews
shall be scheduled where appropriate.
Teacher’s salary schedule.
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: SEPTEMBER 16, 2013
PAMELA C. BROWN, Ed.D.,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications