Coach - JV Football Hutch Tech HS RB13-137
|Title:||Coach - JV Football Hutch Tech HS RB13-137|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-137 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR
MARCH 25, 2014 JV Football Coach - Hutch Tech HS
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from
qualified candidates for the position of:
JV FOOTBALL COACH - HUTCH TECH HS
Candidates must complete an application by clicking on the “APPLY” button below. Once the
form is complete, click the “SUBMIT” button.
In accordance with the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education Section 135.4:Certified Physical
Education Teachers. A person who holds a valid certificate to teach physical education in NYS may
coach any sport in any school, but must meet the first aid/CPR and AED requirement prior to starting
Other Certified Teachers: In addition to the first aid/CPR and AED requirement prior to starting to coach,
the certified teacher must (a)complete an approved course in Philosophy, Principles and Organization
of Athletic in Education within two years from the date of initial appointment as a coach (b) complete
a course on Health Sciences Applied to Coaching within five years of appointment as a coach; and
(c) within that same five years, complete a course on Theory and Techniques of Coaching the sport
or sports for which he/she is appointed.
Candidates must possess experience and knowledge of the sport(s) assigned. Candidates must be
employed by the Board of Education in accordance with Article XII-G of the Master Contract between
the Buffalo Board of Education and the Buffalo Teacher’s Federation.
All interscholastic athletic team coaches are directly responsible to the Athletic Director.
In fulfilling their duties and responsibilities, all coaches are expected to:
- Assume complete responsibility for the conduct of their team.
- Assume responsibility for the philosophy and teachings of the entire athletic program.
- Be available for contests and practices at the start of the athletic season, Monday through
- Saturday and some holidays.
- Supervise the use, issuance, return, cleaning, inventory, and storage of equipment,
- uniforms, and supplies.
- Submit equipment and supply requests to the Athletic Director.
- Establish positive relationships with coaches, athletes, parents, and community members.
- Attend meetings called by the Athletic Director or Building Principal. Attend league, section, and
- coaches’ association meetings when required.
- Conduct an organization meeting with the athletes to explain try-outs, methods of selection,
- cutting procedures, code of behavior, and so on.
- Prepare and submit a schedule of scrimmages and non-league contest to the Athletic Director.
- Administer first aid as required and report all serious injuries.
- Submit team roster to the Athletic Director and update as necessary
- Report scores to news media when required.
- Notify the Athletic Director of any cancelled games, scrimmages or practices and any unusual
- events or incidents.
- Schedule and conduct practices on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Supervise team members after practices/games until all have left the locker room, picked up
- by parents, or left the building and/or grounds.
- Complete end of season reports.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner during all practices and games.
- Comply with all policies and procedures outlines in the NYS Commissioners regulations,
- NYSPHSAA Section VI and BPS Interscholastic Athletic Handbook.
- Keep abreast if the latest development, changes and modifications in their sport.
- Make decisions regarding his/her particular team, in keeping with established policies and
- procedures. However, when decisions are of a broader scope and affect other coaches and
other teams or when the problem clearly falls within the jurisdiction of the Athletic Director,
action should be reserved for the Director to review and discuss the matter more fully.
As per the current BTF contract.
FOR FILING: APRIL 7, 2014
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications