Math Coach-School 307 RB#12-38a
|Title:||Math Coach-School 307 RB#12-38a|
|Department:||Teaching and Learning|
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #12-38a MATHEMATICS COACH -#307
APRIL 15, 2013
NOTICE OF POSITION
POSITION: The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown., is interested
in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
Mathematics Instructional Staff Coach in Transformation and Restart High Schools
with Educational Partner, John Hopkins’ Talent Development Secondary
Program at #307
APPLICATION: Candidates must complete an application form by clicking the “Apply”
button below. Once the form is completed, click the “Submit” button.
REPOST - PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY
QUALIFICATIONS:Candidates must hold a Master’s degree and New York State
certification in mathematics.
EXPERIENCE: Candidates must have three years of teaching and/or coaching
experience in urban school district. Candidates must participate in Professional
Learning Opportunities as instructed by the Associate Superintendent for the Office
of School Innovation and Turnaround. In evaluating each candidate’s qualifications,
preference will be given to the candidate’s coursework and experiences in the areas
of scientifically based reading research, assessment, and professional development
in the area of literacy. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral
communication skills, organizational skills, and demonstrate leadership and
interpersonal communication skills with adults. Proficiency in the use of technology
and knowledge of the Common Core Standards and assessments are also preferred.
DUTIES: The high school Math Coach will be responsible for, but not limited to,
- Guiding and assisting teachers in the full and ongoing implementation of all
- mathematics initiatives and implementation of the Common Core Learning
- Guiding and assisting in the full and ongoing implementation of district
- mathematics programs with the Educational Partner Organization.
- Collaborating with teachers and building principals regarding the implementation
- of research based instructional strategies that are direct, explicit, and systematic
to support with a focus on in-classroom support and development.
- Reviewing and analyzing student data and outcome assessment data to diagnose
- obstacles and assist teachers in determining appropriate interventions and necessary
program modifications via modeling, training and professional development to ensure
successful school transformation.
- Providing PLO for teachers at curricular common planning time meetings, after school,
- and on Saturdays to support successful school transformation.
- Modeling district and Talent Development Secondary Program mathematics initiatives.
- Attend District and Talent Development Secondary Program PLO for coaches and
- Must be able to travel to Baltimore several times a year to participate in Talent
- Development Secondary Program professional development
- Must be skilled at working with adult and student learners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
APPOINTMENT: Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation
of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, credentials and evaluation of
service. Personal interviews, a modeled lesson and a writing sample will be scheduled where
SALARY: Teacher’s salary schedule
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: APRIL 29, 2013
DR. PAMELA C. BROWN,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications