|Title:||Deputy Superintendent #12-90|
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Pamela C. Brown, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates
for the position of:
Candidates must complete an application by clicking on the “APPLY” button below. Please upload an updated resume.
Once the form is complete, click the “SUBMIT” button.
Candidates must hold Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, a permanent teaching certificate, and a New York State School District
Administrator Certificate. A Doctorate Degree is preferred.
At least three years of supervisory experience, evidence of effective leadership and management skills in an urban school district,
strong oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, and knowledge of curriculum theory and development.
Demonstrated ability to organize people and resources in ways that improve instruction and student achievement.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EQUIPMENT & OTHER:
Candidate must be strategic and tactical in problem solving; proven skills and experience in strategic planning, communicating vision
and goals to others and effectively implementing action plans throughout an organization; utilizing “out-of-the-box” thinking and being a
positive force within the district and community. Successful experience in unifying, motivating, developing, supporting, empowering,
and trusting a high performing team of administrators, teachers, principals and support staff. Current knowledge of best practices,
continuous improvement strategies and high expectations for performance; commitment to maintaining high standards and increasing
accountability for result at all levels. Current knowledge of school reform theories. Successful experience in working well in diverse
economic, multicultural and multi-lingual communities and environments; culturally-competent. High-energy and inspirational leadership;
displaying vision, self-confidence, integrity and risk-taking; willingness to be a relentless and passionate advocate for all children.
Advanced written, verbal and listening skills; excellent organization skill. Advanced experience with public school policy, procedures and
management; thorough understanding of national, state and local educational goals and standards and operations of K-12 education in
New York State. Demonstrated successful record of fiscal accountability and data-driven decision making; managing a highly competent
team to oversee daily operations and finances; highly developed accounting and budgeting skills; advanced ability to collect, analyze and
interpret data. Superior interpersonal skill and relations with the ability to experience to develop effective relationships. Excellent public
relations, leadership facilitation, management, decision-making and collaboration skills. Excellent technology skills. English language
skill required. Oral and written fluency in a second language preferred.
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Schools, the Deputy Superintendent will be responsible for but not limited to:
* Serves in the absence of the Superintendent as the chief administrative office of the district.
* Collaborates with all members of the executive leadership team to ensure aligned support and services schools focused on improving
teaching and learning.
* Facilities program evaluation of district initiatives in collaboration with central and school offices.
* Assists in the development and continuous assessment of district targets.
* Leads school improvement planning efforts to ensure that the goals, strategies, initiatives, and priorities identified in the District's
strategic plan are fully implemented.
* Engages with staff, community, and other stakeholders and communicates identified needs, interests, and concerns to the
* Remains abreast of education research, trends, and developments to support school improvement efforts and program development.
* Keeps informed of and interprets all laws, regulations, and statutes affecting the District.
* Attends Board meetings as well as attends and presides over such other meetings as the Superintendent designates.
* Assists in the preparation and administration of the District’s budget and prepares and submits other reports and documents as required
by the Superintendent and the Board of Education.
* Supervises and evaluates all assigned personnel.
* Oversees leadership development and succession planning efforts.
* Coordinates school safety planning and supervises the District’s security and discipline.
* Accepts from the Superintendent such responsibilities as the Superintendent chooses to delegate, and assumes full responsibility for
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training,
experience, credentials, and evaluation of service. Personal interviews will be scheduled where appropriate.
The Board of Education has a residency requirement. The policy and regulations will be determined by a candidate's original appointment
and service with the Board.
By contractual agreement with a range of $160,000 - $185,000
FUNDING: Pending Funding