BOARD OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES
ROOM 720 CITY HALL
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #20-203 March 1,2021
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
Civil Service Residency Requirements will apply
***YOU MUST BE A RESIDENT OF THE CITY OF BUFFALO FOR AT LEAST 90 DAYS PRIOR TO APPLICATION.***
POSITION: Typist - Temporary, Summer Support, not to exceed 3 months
LOCATION: Central Registration Center, 33 Ash Street, Buffalo, NY 14204
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AVAILABLE ONLINE AT www.buffaloschools.org Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
- Types correspondence, reports, documents, records and other materials from various sources under varying degrees of direction using equipment with the alphanumeric keyboard;
- sets up, makes adjustments and operates a variety of equipment in order to produce a typed copy from a variety of sources;
- proofreads typed copy and makes corrections;
- composes and types routine correspondence and memoranda from verbal and/or written instructions.
- Performs a variety of non-typing clerical tasks as assigned;
- Files and maintains records, reports and other documents:
- checks for clerical accuracy and completeness;
- opens, dates, sorts, distributes and files mail;
- sorts, indexes and files bills, requisitions, ledger cards and other material alphabetically and/or numerically;
- posts and makes entries from original sources and maintains records, bills, control cards and ledgers;
- makes file searches and pulls needed material.
- Issues and records licenses, permits and applications;
- Collects fees and accounts for monies received;
- Maintains time reports and payroll data;
- Assists in compiling data, statistics and other basic information for research purposes;
- Answers telephone or switchboard: takes messages and gives routine information;
- May act as receptionist, directing callers to proper persons or sources of information
- Inputs and retrieves data using a computer terminal;
- May operate copy machines, microfilm, simple computing and other office machines;
- Performs related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from High School, Business School, GED or Equivalency Diploma, including or supplemented by a course in typing or keyboarding.
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the approval of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the Civil Service Administration. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
The Buffalo Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
FINAL FILING DATE: March 31, 2021
Associate Superintendent for Human Resources