BOARD OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #20-218
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL - VARIOUS LOCATIONS
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
APRIL 1, 2021
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Kriner Cash, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Candidates must complete an on-line application available at www.buffaloschools.org/jobs and submit a resumé. YOUR RESUME MUST BE IN THE BUFFALO FORMAT! Click this link to download template to access the Buffalo Format. Any questions should be directed to Jamie Warren, Associate Superintendent for Human Resources, (716) 816-3668.
DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED UTILIZING VIDEO CONFERENCING.
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, (be sure to check your junk and spam mail) we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree, and a New York State School District Administrator (SDA), New York State School Supervisor (SAS), or School Building Leader (SBL) certificate by the time of appointment. It is required that candidates must attach a PDF or screen shot of their certifications. Candidates must have a minimum of five years of certificated teaching and/or appropriate and approved Supervisory experience. Candidates with prior Assistant Principal or administrative experience in an urban school district or in a district with an urban population are preferred.
Buffalo Public Schools (BPS) has begun a period of change that seeks to transform the district and its schools. A significant level of local, state and federal attention and investment in BPS has characterized the last few years providing an incredible opportunity to ensure that all of its students graduate prepared to succeed in college or a well-paying career.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Kriner Cash, BPS has entered into the New Education Bargain with Students and Parents. Currently, BPS is seeking highly competent, motivated, dedicated and fully engaged individuals to accept leadership roles throughout the District's 59 schools and Central Office to serve the academic, emotional, and physical needs of approximately 34,000 students through the elements of the New Education Bargain. The Superintendent is leading a talented and committed leadership team with the aim of moving BPS toward world class status and preparing all students for success.
Assistant Principals report directly to the school Principal. Candidates will be responsible for assisting the Principal in:
- working to develop and maintain clear lines of communication and collaboration between staff, administrators, students and parents;
- create and communicate a Comprehensive Education Plan aligned with the District’s vision and goals;
- develop, oversee, and achieve objectives to ensure a focus on student achievement and a highly effective learning climate;
- gather, analyze, and disaggregate data for informed instructional improvements;
- coordinate the school’s staff development program for all faculty and staff;
- oversee all aspects of developmentally appropriate curriculum and implementation (development, delivery, and evaluation);
- conduct classroom observations and evaluations of teachers;
- work effectively with all teachers to foster their professional growth and performance;
- work collaboratively with the Department of Curriculum, Assessment & Instruction to implement all necessary and required District plans;
- foster a positive school climate where student discipline concerns are addressed in a manner that promotes student responsibility and mutual respect;
- demonstrate continuous improvement of professional knowledge and skills;
- represent the school at conferences and/or district meetings;
- conduct faculty and grade level meetings;
- formalize building operational procedures;
- coordinate the planning, preparation, and dissemination of the school’s master schedule for faculty and staff assignments;
- ensure adherence to legal concepts, state and federal regulations and Board of Education policies;
- implement and monitor approved school budget expenditures including student activity funds, grants and general accounts;
- monitor building maintenance and improvements;
- develop and communicate a plan addressing building safety and conduct planned fire drills;
- submit accurate reports to Central Office when requested in a timely manner;
- exhibit strategies that promote the understanding, sensitivity and respect of multi-cultural and ethnic diversity;
- establish and facilitate a Site-Based Management Team which meets on a regular bass;
- collaborate with universities, colleges, school-based partnerships and agencies to develop and implement programs that enhance student achievement within district contractual guidelines;
- organize and support programs for Student Orientation, Open House, Curriculum Nights, Parent/Teacher Conferences, Parent/Student Evening Activities, etc.;
- and maintain positive and effective relationships with all organizations and committees involved within the building (School-Based Management Team, Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), partnerships, businesses, etc.)
- collaborate and lead other school based instructional meetings and teams;
- collaborate with parents and staff to implement and monitor parent engagement activities to increase academic achievement.
This recruitment bulletin in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Buffalo Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this recruitment bulletin and related duties at any time without prior notice.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, credentials, certifications, and evaluation of service. Personal interviews will be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: Assistant Principal’s salary schedule.
FUNDING: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: APRIL 30, 2021
DR. KRINER CASH
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS