Routing Specialist - Provisional, RB #20-295
|Title:||Routing Specialist - Provisional, RB #20-295|
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
ROOM 720 CITY HALL
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #20-295 April 21, 2021
BUFFALO BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
POSITION: Routing Specialist - Provisional
Civil Service residency requirements will apply
SALARY: $36,148 - $40,516
LOCATION: Transportation Department, 105 Bailey Ave., Buffalo, NY 14220
APPLICATION: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AVAILABLE ONLINE AT www.buffaloschools.org
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
Routing Specialists are responsible for establishing and scheduling bus routes for the efficient operation of the school bus transportation program for the City of Buffalo. Incumbents map out bus routes from computer print-outs of students names, addresses, and location of schools. Work is performed under the immediate supervision of the Supervisor of Transportation.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES
- Prepares bus route schedules for the transporting of school children:
- monitors the arrival and departure times at the schools;
- re-routes buses as required to improve service.
- Investigates complaints of early or late pick-up of students:
- makes necessary adjustments and follows up correction with carrier.
- Monitors route adjustments caused by change of address or school by the student:
- maintains student rider lists and updates when needed.
- Prepares and maintains various records and reports as required:
- maintains data of students riding buses.
- Performs related duties as required.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Good knowledge of the geography of the City of Buffalo;
- Ability to understand and interpret written material, i.e., vehicle and traffic laws pertaining to school buses;
- Skill in mapping out routes and drawing up schedules for transportation of school buses;
- Ability to get along well with school administration, parents and the general public;
- Good appearance; initiative; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
Applicants must have continuous and permanent status as a Bus Driver in the Board of Education for one year in the competitive class;
Applicants must have continuous and permanent status as a Bus Driver in the Board of Education for two years in the non-competitive class.
Graduation from High School, GED or Equivalency Diploma and one year of full-time experience as a Bus Driver.
FINAL FILING DATE: May 4, 2021
Associate Superintendent for Human Resources
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications