Bilingual Elementary Education Teacher
|Title:||Bilingual Elementary Education Teacher |
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Kriner Cash, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for:
BILINGUAL ELEMENTARY EDUCATION TEACHER
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the "APPLY" button at the bottom of this page to start your application. Once the application is completed, click the “Submit” button. Your application will be kept on file for one year.
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. (Be sure to check your junk and spam mail.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
Candidates must be New York State certified in Early Childhood, Childhood or Elementary Education with a Bilingual extension. It is required that candidates must attach a PDF or a screen shot of their certifications.
Certified teachers from another U.S. State or territory including Puerto Rico may qualify for an initial certificate in New York if they meet the following requirements:
- Have a valid teaching certificate that is equivalent to the title and type of the certificate sought and has no limits or restrictions;
- Meet New York’s general certificate requirements, including citizenship, training related to child abuse identification/reporting, school violence prevention/intervention, harassment, bullying and discrimination prevention/intervention, and a criminal history check;
- Have at least three years of satisfactory experience in a public school in a position requiring an initial or professional certificate within five years preceding the application date or equivalent experience; and have had effective or higher evaluation ratings in the three most recent years of employment; and
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution or higher education institution that the Commissioner deems substantially equivalent, with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher in the program leading to the degree.
Position requires the planning, organization, and implementation of the appropriate instructional program to address the learning needs of the students; to guide and encourage students to develop and fulfill their potential in both curricular and extracurricular activities.
This recruitment bulletin in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Buffalo Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this recruitment bulletin and related duties at any time without prior notice.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences.
- Develop lesson plans.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Identify and utilize different instructional resources and methods to support the learning needs of students at varying levels of progress.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Provide for the care and protection of school property.
- Use relevant technology to support instruction.
- Observe and evaluate student performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate feedback on student work.
- Monitor and encourage individual student progress.
- Provide guidance to students which will promote educational development.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student progress and development.
- Update records accurately and completely as required by laws and district policies.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Manage student behavior and maintain discipline by establishing classroom rules and procedures and enforcing classroom, school, and district rules and procedures.
- Participate in department, school, and district meetings and professional development activities as appropriate.
- Stay current with most recent developments in appropriate subject area as initiated by the school or district.
- Cooperate with and participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the total school program.
- Foster and maintain effective communication with parents and/or guardians.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, certifications, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
SALARY: Teacher's salary schedule.
FUND #: Pending Funding
FOR FILING: TBD
DR. KRINER CASH,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS