BOARD OF EDUCATION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
BUFFALO, NEW YORK 14202
RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #20-274
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
APRIL 16, 2021
NOTICE OF POSITION
The Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Kriner Cash, is interested in receiving applications from qualified candidates for the position of:
INSTRUCTIONAL COACH – TOSA
Applications successfully received will generate a confirmation email to the account listed on the application. (Be sure to check your junk and spam mail.) If you do not receive a confirmation email, we cannot guarantee that your application was received. You must submit an application until you receive a confirmation email.
Candidates must hold a Master’s degree and New York State certification in at least one of the following subject areas; Math, Science, English Language Arts, Social Studies, Reading or Literacy, or Elementary Education. It is required that candidates must attach a PDF or a screen shot of their certifications. Candidates must have three years of approved and appropriate teaching and/or coaching experience in an urban school district. In evaluating each candidate’s qualifications, preference will be given to the candidate’s understanding and demonstration of effective coaching techniques; coursework and experiences in best instructional practices in the core content areas, data driven instruction and professional development. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and leadership and problem-solving ability. Proficiency in the use of technology, the Common Core Learning Standards, assessments, and techniques to facilitate professional learning for teachers in a confidential relationship that encourages risk taking is essential.
Candidates interested in applying must complete an online application on the district web site at www.buffaloschools.org/jobs. Click the "APPLY" button at the bottom of this page to start your application. Once the form is completed, click the “Submit” button.
The Instructional Coach will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Classroom Support of Individual Teachers
Lead Grade Level/Common Planning Time Meetings
- Demonstrating effective teaching/ behavior management strategies
- Providing assistance in unpacking/ implementing Common Core Learning Standards
- Co-planning lessons that align to the CCLS and incorporate differentiated instruction
- Facilitating access to needed instructional materials
- Assisting with AIS/ RTI requirements
- Providing data reports and teaching how to analyze the results
- Collaborating with building administrators to executing all components of Grade Level/Common Planning Time meetings.
- Scheduling and facilitating regular Grade Level/ Common Planning Time meetings
- Analyzing data, deciding the focus of meetings and planning agendas in collaboration with administration
- Establishing a reporting out and follow-up process
Professional Development Activities
- Planning and leading on-going professional development during faculty meetings and after-school sessions, and on Superintendent Conference Days, etc. focused on Common Core Learning Standards, DDI, differentiated instruction, and higher order thinking skills (HOTS)
- Facilitating the backward planning and DDI processes
- Acting as testing coordinator for District and NYS Assessments (scheduling, managing, score training, scoring, etc.)
- Assisting with the development/ management of the school’s master schedule
- Serving on committees (School-Based Management Team, Academic, Data, etc.)
- Attending professional development to further develop the capacity to lead
This recruitment bulletin in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the appropriate administrator or supervisor. Buffalo Public Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this recruitment bulletin and related duties at any time without prior notice.
Appointment will be made by the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following assessment of training, experience, certifications, credentials and evaluation of service. Personal interviews, a modeled lesson and a writing sample shall be scheduled.
SALARY: Teacher’s salary schedule.
FUND #: Positions will be funded through various sources based on 2021-2022 district budget
FOR FILING: APRIL 29, 2021
DR. KRINER CASH,
SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS